The Lake Cavanaugh Improvement Association (LCIA) and the Lake Cavanaugh Fire Department Auxiliary (LCFDA) are our two active organizations.
Lake Cavanaugh Improvement Association
The mission of the LCIA is to promote friendship and cooperation among Lake Cavanaugh property residents and to solve common problems and achieve common goals.
To become a member of the Lake Cavanaugh Improvement Association click here to be redirected the Members Dues & Donation page.
Benefits of membership include:
- receive four newsletters and other communications to keep informed of events, issues, and resources;
- come to and help plan our fun community and family events including the Fourth of July celebration and Fun Fest weekend;
- use our lending library;
- attend, discuss, and vote at four annual community meetings (critical issues have included stopping risky logging on unstable lake-side slopes, allowing flexible dock sizes, keeping water quality high, and lake level monitoring);
- rent the community center (LCCC) and its grounds for your events (and use the sports court being constructed in summer 2019);
- participate with groups and committees such as boating information, land use, water quality, Fun Fest, and others
Lake Cavanaugh Fire Department Auxiliary
The LCFDA is instrumental in planning the Memorial Day weekend pancake breakfast, selling t-shirts, raffle tickets and other Lake Cavanaugh wares, the always popular children’s July 4th parade, the annual “Once around the Lake Fun Run/Walk,” and the Labor Day craft fair and games. All proceeds from these events provide revenue for our Lake Cavanaugh Volunteer Fire Department. The Auxiliary cordially invites anyone to attend their meetings, which occur at 10AM on the second Saturday of the month, excluding the winter months, at the fire hall.