Curbside Recycling……..Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

By Larita Humble

Lake residents and weekenders………are you tired of separating your recycling and making a special trip to the recycling station? Do you throw your recycling in your regular garbage can because it’s easier? Weekenders……is it a pain to haul your recycling home for recycling pick up in your home bin? If you answered yes to any of these questions, then I have a suggestion for you! In an effort to receive curbside recycling like most towns in the US, we need to have many voices from our lake. Please call, write an email or send a letter to our new Division Manager, Margo Gillaspy and/or Ken Dahlsted and Lisa Janicki at our commissioner’s office requesting curbside recycling at Lake Cavanaugh.

In the meantime, following is information on locations for recycling:  The Household Hazardous Waste facility is located at the transfer  station and is free for all Skagit County residents. A detailed list of what they accept and their hours is available on their website: http://inside.skagit.local/Departments/PublicWorksSolidWaste/hhw.htm. They are open M-F from 10 am to 4 pm, and on the first Saturday of the month with the same hours. The Clear Lake Compactor Site is more limited in what they accept, but they do accept used motor oil, anti-freeze, and automotive batteries.

Food/yard waste may be taken to Skagit Soils located near the Transfer Station.  Website information: http://inside.skagit.local/Departments/PublicWorksSolidWaste/recyclelocations.htm#FYW.

Contact information:

Margo Gillaspy, LHg        
Solid Waste Division Manager
Skagit County Public Works
1800 Continental Place
Mount Vernon, WA 98273-5625
margog@co.skagit.wa.us360.416.1400 office
360.416.1441 direct line

Skagit County Commissioners
Lisa Janicki
Ken Dahlsted
1800 Continental Place, Suite 100
Mount Vernon, WA 98273

Comments are closed