Lake Cavanaugh Fire Department
Trained Emergency Responders
Our experienced emergency responders at Lake Cavanaugh are here to help with medical and fire emergencies.
About the Fire Department
Volunteer Firefighter/EMT’s spend considerable personal time each year training for and responding to emergency incidents. These friends and neighbors drop whatever they’re doing — night or day, holiday’s, bad weather or good — to respond to the community’s emergencies. It’s reassuring to know when you or a loved one is having a medical emergency; is in a car wreck, or your house is on fire, that trained, experienced, volunteer emergency responders will be there in a matter of minutes.
Consider volunteering for the Lake Cavanaugh Fire Department. It’s rewarding and doesn’t take as much time as you think. Not everyone has to carry a fire hose into a burning house; anyone over 18 can contribute to the emergency response effort. Please stop by the Lake Cavanaugh Fire Station during one of our drill nights at 6:00 pm or call Scott Lemke 360-303-3997. Click here to see a list of our current volunteers.
2022 Drill Schedule
- January 4th and 18th
- February 1st and 15th
- March 8th and 22nd
- April 12th and 26th
- May 10th and May 24th
- June 7th and 21st
- July 12th and 26th
- August 9th and 23rd
- September 13th and 27th
- October 11th and 25th
- November 8th and 22nd
- December 6th and 20th
Take advantage of our big summer events, like the Fire Department Open House/Pancake Breakfast and the Once Around Lake Cavanaugh Fun Run. Check out the Events Calendar for a list of current events around the lake.
Tips for Fire Safety
- Always check the Fire Marshal Website for the most up to date burn ban information
- Green flashing lights on a vehicle indicate a volunteer is responding to a call
- Spring is the time to replace smoke detector batteries
- Remember that the roads are narrow, so be careful when parking along them
- After the snowy winter, make sure your address sign is visible from the road this also might be a good time to clean and inspect your chimney